Ranch Dressing Cheese Ball
Submitted by: lucaswilliamsgrandma | Source: Trisha Yearwood's: Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen Cookbook
- Servings: makes 2 cheese balls: serves 24
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes-includes 30 minutes time in freezer
|1× 4-oz pkg||Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix|
|½ cup||Buttermilk, well shaken|
|16 oz||Cheddar Cheese, grated, room temperature|
|12 oz||Cream Cheese, room temperature|
|1 cup||Pecans, finely chopped|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the dressing mix, mayonnaise, buttermilk, Cheddar and cream cheese until thoroughly blended.
2. Divide the mixture into two equal portions in two separate bowls.
3. Cover the bowls and place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. When each portion is firm, use you hands to shape it into a ball.
5. Place the nuts in a shallow bowl or on a piece of waxed paper.
6. Roll each ball in the nuts to coat it on all sides.
7. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
Tip from Trisha's sister, Beth: Let this sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving for easier spreading.