Ensalada De Papa Con Bacalao (potato Salad With Salted Dried Cod Fish)
Submitted by: PR_Princess | Source: Mi Madre / My sweet & petite Puerto Rican mama
- Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10-15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45
|7||Medium Sized Potatoes, idaho russet|
|4||Grade a Large Eggs|
|½ lb||Bacalao (salted Dried Cod Fish)/boneless|
|½ cup||Olive Oil, extra virgin|
|1||Medium Yellow Onion|
|2||Small Hass Avocados|
1. Wash and peel potatoes. Cut into quarters and place in medium sized stock pot with water to cover. Add sea salt to water to taste. Boil until tender yet firm. Drain from water and let cool.
2. To save time wash your eggs and add to your pot of potatoes or you can just hard boil them in a separate pot for 5 minutes then drain and cool.
3. Lightly Rinse bacalao (cod fish) under cool tap water and then put in a small pot with water to cover. Boil for 5 minutes,drain off hot water, and then rinse with cold water. Drain off water and lightly shred fish into pieces.
4. Peel onion and cut into rings. Peel eggs from shells and slice like onions. Remove skins and pits from avocados, slice lengthwise and then into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. In a large mixing bowl throw potatoes,bacalao (cod fish),onions,avocados,and eggs together and drizzle in the olive oil while gently mixing ingredients together with a spoonula. Cover and chill for 10-15 minutes.
It's simple and healthy and great for lunch or to have on a picnic.